Gi sheet or the galvanized iron sheets have reconstituted the modern metalworking industries. The term galvanized is used for the iron steel sheets which undergoes the process of refining, molding, and coating with zinc in order to protect them from corrosion or rusting which is caused due to exposure of metal with oxygen, water, and other metals. This process of applying rust-resistant zinc coating to the iron is said as galvanizing. When this zinc coating cools down it forms crystal like drops on the surface of iron giving the iron sheet a spotted look. Earlier, this procedure was done by hand dipping the iron into the zinc, but nowadays, modern technologies have hyped a lot and galvanized iron are electroplated. Most of the gi sheet suppliers in Sharjah are using the latest methods to make them long lasting.
There are two most common approaches of galvanizing the iron ore, the hot dipping method and the other one is electro-galvanizing. Hot dipping method is generally used for coating heavy weights, whereas, electro galvanizing is used for lighter coatings. Hot dipping process involves cleaning iron sheets with acid and then dipping them into hot melted zinc. While electro-galvanizing refers to the placing of molded iron articles into a solution of zinc sulphate and the zinc is then plated onto them by the aid of electricity. The gi sheet suppliers in Sharjah provides gi sheets to differents sectors for a variety of purposes.
• Construction: Steel buildings are strong and lighter and relatively costs less than other materials. It is used extensively in making steel roofs, sidewalls, windows, partition walls and ducks, fake ceilings, rolling shutters, gutters, highway bumpers, panels, paint coated products and slotted angles etc.
• Agriculture: It is widely used in making types of machinery like grain silos, sprayers, ghamellas, pans and feeding throughs etc.
• Automobiles: The automobile industries also consume gi sheets largely for making the truck body, car, bus, railway coaches, airplanes, undercarriage work, air and oil filters, exhaust pipes and fuel tanks etc.
• Electric Appliances: Electrical panels, air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers, washing machine, computers and decorative lamps are the most common electric appliances that use iron sheets in their manufacturing.
• Furniture: Lockers, desks, almirahs, lightweight beds, and chairs, racks, washtubs, and bathtubs etc.
• Household things: Everyday items like ice boxes, tubs, buckets, storage bins, water tanks, trunks, bathroom doors, pipes and pipe fittings etc are too made with using gi sheets.
There are several other varieties of applications of gi sheets such as in making of sign boards, drums, containers, ducting and thermal cladding. Zayn Steels in Dubai are the leading and renowned steel industry that manufactures and supplies their high-quality products all over the world.