Ray Ban is one of the most sought-after companies for purchasing stylish sunglasses and shades. People trust the brand and they don’t mind shedding out a lot of money on the brand. Ray Ban Aviators are very popular among people all ages.
Not just Ray Ban Aviators, the company offers several other varieties including Clubmaster, Wayfarer, Justin, Erica, etc. While we all are aware of the brand and how it attracts buyers because of its impeccable quality, there are a few facts not everyone is aware of.
We have listed out some interesting facts about Ray Ban. Here are they –
- The company was started by Bausch & Lomb in the year 1936. The primary objective of the company was to provide its buyers with sunglasses which not only look good on the person wearing them, but also to protect their eyes from the harsh rays of the sun. The company was purchased by an Italian brand Luxottica in the year 1999.
- Ray Ban is known for its aviators which were originated specially for the US army. It was in 1936 when Lt. John A Macready suffered from an eye infection. The company was then ordered to produce stylish sunglasses which would also protect the eyes.
- In 1983 Tom Cruise started endorsing Ray-Ban through his movies and thus raised the sales by 40 percent.
- Originally, Ray Ban had green tinted lenses and the frame was made of plastic. Later, the company started using metal instead of the plastic frames.
- In the film Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Raoul Duke’s Aviators had a cigarette holder. This theme became a fashion amongst smokers as it helps them free their hands in emergency situations.
Are you planning to buy a pair of good aviators? Do you wish to purchase the best set that adds to your looks? Visit or contact Optics Online.